The Department of Business Studies, Ibri College of Technology was founded under the tutelage of Ministerial Decree in the year 2008-2009. Since its inception, the department believes in disseminating quality education in the field of management by providing opportunities to students at the undergraduate and graduate levels to prepare for meaningful and stimulating careers in modern business enterprises. In keeping with the dynamic quality of modern business, the education provided is analytical rather than encyclopedic with emphasis on problem-solving techniques, rather than on memorization. At the same time, it is recognized that basic principles must be mastered before advanced business problems can be solved.
The department has designed its course curriculum in such a way that it will meet out the alarming demand for labor force in job market. There are 33 qualified and competent faculty members in the department and over 600 students at different levels.
Goals and Objectives
- Achieving academic excellence in every sphere of life
- Nurture effective industry-institute interaction
- Inculcating entrepreneurial ability among the student folk
- Inculcate in students the spirit of teamwork, leadership, quality and values of ethical behavior and sensitivity to society
- Engage faculty of the highest competence from academia and industry
- Improve teaching aids, methodologies, training tools for both faculty and students
- Promote and support research in those areas specified by industry partners, and to obtain a comprehensive understanding of business enterprises in Oman
- Provide ongoing research, training, consultancy and educational support for Oman industry partners and the community in order to advance the Oman business community
- Strengthen communication and knowledge networks by publishing research findings, providing stakeholders with access to information resources, and encouraging regular discussion, forums and conferences, comprising practitioners, researchers and ministry representatives;
- Establish and maintain state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Liaise with other local, national or international academia, research centres and universities
- To be engaged in social, community and national development of Oman
- To be an efficient department and flexible department which believes in achieving stupendous growth through optimum utilization of resources and exceeding stakeholder’s expectations