Quality Assurance Unit
Committees and Teams
Quality Assurance Unit (QAU)
- Follow the development and improvement of the Strategic Plan of the College and subsequently guiding the different departments/centers in developing and improving their operational plans.
- Conduct regular meeting as agreed by the committee to set executive plans, fix responsibilities and deadlines.
- Give consultation to the college management on the various strategic projects needed to attain quality standards as identified in its vision, mission and goals.
- Plan and organize quality assurance and self- assessment awareness and training programs/ activities, e.g. seminars, conferences and training workshops in order to train the college staff and nurture quality standards in the College.
- Coordinate and manage the quality cycle- self assessment activities of the College and ensure that quality standards are maintained.
- Follow-up and schedule the review of the college strategic plan and operational plans of different college units considering feedback from all stakeholders.
- Follow-up and schedule the review of policies and procedures related to the work of different college units considering feedback from all stakeholders.
- Follow and coordinate the preparation and review of the Quality Audit Portfolio of the College.
- Follow and coordinate the preparation and review of feedback reports of different college units as a response to audit reports/portfolio feedback of the QAI) of the Ministry.
- Prepare regularly progress reports including proposals for improvements and submit copy to the Dean.
- Carrying out any duties assigned by the College Dean.
Central Examination Committee
- Conduct meeting as necessary. Prepare and announce a draft copy of the4 exam time-table (for mid and final) at least two weeks before the start of exam.
- Collect feedback from students so as to solve problems and clashes. Then to issue and announce the final copy of the time-table, a week before the start of the exams.
- Determine the required number of exam halls and distribute students to them.
- Determine the required number of invigilators and distribute them to exam halls.
- Define duties of invigilators and ensure their awareness.
- Update exam rules and regulations and announcing them to students a week before the start of the exams.
- Supervise the preparation of the exam halls and ensure the proper number and distribution of seats.
- Follow-up the college exam policies and procedures to ensure full examination security.
- Collect exam papers, at least two days before the start of exam of each course and preserve them in secured place.
- Supervise the conduction of examinations and take care of any problems that may arise.
- Follow-up any misconduct or breach of exam rules and regulations. Submit report about any malpractice/ misconduct to the Dean to take necessary actions.
- Collect and submit, to course tutors answer sheet at the end of each exam.
- Archive and document all issues related to examinations.
- Provide the Dean with reports about examinations including recommendation to improve exam procedures and ways to avoid problems.
- Perform any other task assigned by the College Dean.
Policy Management Committee (PMC)
- Meet the requirements of the college strategic plan and the QAM to develop/Improve a policy management system that accomplishes different college activities smoothly and accurately with an aim to achieve the college Mission & Vision.
- Conduct meetings as required, committee or sub-committee wise to plan, schedule tasks, assign roles for the development, monitor and review of policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Each sub-committee should identify and prioritize unavailable/available policies/procedures/guidelines of its area of concern in coordination with QAFC and self-assessment groups and assign a member for the development/review of each policy based on experience and desire of members. For the available policies, it Is preferable to assign the review process to the developer of the particular policy taking into consideration the elapse of the implementation period and feedback from all stakeholders.
- Make a survey to explore practices of reputable national and international educational Institutions and universities to make use of their experiences in the development & review process.
- Circulate drafted/reviewed policies, procedures, guidelines to other members of the sub-committee and concerned college authority to collect feedback.
- Follow iterative process in the drafting/amendment of developed/reviewed policies, procedures, guidelines till saturation is reached and no further comments from other members is received.
- Forward the last drafted/reviewed version of the policy/ procedure/guideline to the QAFC for final review, then to the College Council for approval.
- Send the approved policies, procedures and guidelines to the QAFC for archiving, publishing, and dissemination through all available channels in the college to start the cycle of implementation.
- Monitor the implementation of all approved policies, procedures and guidelines and collect feedback from all stakeholders related to any obstacles/ problems or difficulties.
- Each subcommittee has to submit reports to the chairman (Dean) about the work progress and any problems encountered if any with recommendations to improve the policy management system in the college.
Risk Management Committee (RMC)
- Take the lead in the implementation of the Risk Management Policy and Procedure of the college.
- Conduct periodical meetings when necessary and as decided by the chairman and members of the committee.
- Set a risk management operational plan for different activities of the college and set necessary measures to follow-up and monitor its implementation.
- Intervene promptly and immediately in case of internal or external emergency risks. Also, set and implement emergency plans to deal with such risks to limit their effects.
- Maintain and monitor a Risk Register for the college with input from sub-committees of different departments/centers and make an analysis of the different risks as necessary.
- Create necessary awareness among students and staff to deal with relevant risks. Identify training needs of staff and arrange/coordinate for training programs related to risk management.
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of the Risk Management Policy, different procedures and processes related to risk management.
- Submit semester reports to the Dean in relation to the progress of the RMC work, problems faced and suggestions to improve the process of risk management in the College.
- Perform any other task related to risk management as advised by the Dean/Deputy Dean.
HR Development Committee (HDC)
- Conduct meetings as necessary to organize work and assign roles.
- Identify and analyze the training needs of all staff in the college.
- Identify and analyze staff capabilities to cover some of the needs through in house training.
- Assess the level of Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes (KSA) needed according to the Job Descriptions and through Staff Appraisals to identify the gaps.
- Survey the training & development opportunities available in the I IR office of the MoM.
- Survey the training & development opportunities which can be offered by other HEIs, public and private sector.
- Set up a master plan across the college to train and develop staff according to the needs and available internal and external opportunities identified above.
- Coordinate, facilitate and conduct training for the staff according to the needs and the master plan and in accordance with the sub-committees of different depts./centers.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the conducted training programs through feedback from all stakeholders.
- The coordinator has to submit a report to the chairman about the progress of the work, achievements, challenges and opportunities for improvement.
Public Relation and Marketing Committee (PRMC)
- General Responsibilities
Reception & Hospitality Team Responsibilities:
- Conduct meetings as needed to organize work, set college-wise annual plans, assign roles and document different activities.
- All team members are required to coordinate and cooperate with each other for integration of work.
- Review and evaluate the quality of committee work for improvement purposes.
- Prepare periodical reports on the committee's work and activities and submit them to the college Dean.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Dean or his deputy.
Media Team Responsibilities:
- Organize the reception and hospitality of visitors and guests for all college functions.
- Provide support for the arrangement and organization of all ceremonies/celebrations in the college.
- Prepare and update lists of invitees for the respective college functions/activities.
Marketing. Industry & Community Relations Team Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with centers/departments and other committees to follow-up and cover all extracurricular and recreational activities according to the college activity 4master plan.
- Coordinating with ETC to advertise functions on the electronic notice boards and college website.
- Cover all internal & external events/activities/ programs, prepare summaries and publish it in all internal & external channels after ensuring the approval of the college administration.
- Monitor all online articles published by college staff and students in the free discussion forums.
- Coordinate with college departments/centers and ETC to update each department/center profile on college website.
- Coordinate with the Student Affairs to update Alumni details in the college website.
- Prepare, design and publish magazines and approved posters for the college and the community.
- Keep an archive (hard/electronic) of all relevant activities inside/ outside the college and for all articles announced in the media.
- Set up a unified master plan across the college for all activities that enhance & strengthen the relations of the college with the industry, other HEIs and the community at large, in coordination with depts./centers
- Prepare and conduct college marketing programs for schools, organizations and the community.
- Coordinate with OJT department to prepare and update lists of companies which provide support to the college and help seeking funds for student activities.
- Coordinate with depts./centers to follow-up and organize mutual programs of training/seminars/ lectures between the college and industry/community/other HEIs.
- Provide support for the arrangement to conduct conferences, workshops and job fairs in coordination with college departments/centers and committees.
E-Learning and Promotion Committee (EPC)
- Members have to follow-up stage I of implementation of the e-learning system "Moodle" which was approved in the 2nd college council (2010-2011). The stage include providing necessary support and training to every lecturer in the respective dept/center to use the e-learning "Moodle" and to help uploading the following:
In case the course is taught by more than one staff, the e-learning coordinator has to consult the course coordinator for the electronic preparation and upload of the course material/class notes.
Conduct regular meetings as decided by the team.
Each team member has to submit a monthly report about the progress of work to the Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs.
- Course material/class notes and old question papers of the last three semesters
- Quizzes - at least one
- Assignments - at least one
Survey and Data Analysis Committee (SDAC)
- General Responsibilities
Feedback & Data-Gathering Tools Development Group Responsibilities:
- Conduct meetings as needed to organize work, set college-wise plans, schedule tasks, distribute roles and document different activities.
- All team members are required to coordinate and cooperate with each other for the integration of work.
- The team should coordinate its activities with (he quality assurance follow-up committee QAI-'C and should work to meet the needs of the self-assessment groups.
- Follow security measures in the gathering and analysis of data.
- Follow principles to avoid bias in the gathering and analysis of data.
- Continuously, review and evaluate (the quality of its activities for improvement purposes.
- Prepare periodical reports on the committee work and activities and submit them to QAI-'C for review, and then to the College Dean.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Dean or his deputy.
Data Analysis Croup Responsibilities:
- Perform a full need analysis of all required data collection & feedback tools in coordination with the QAI'C and the different self-assessment groups and as per the requirements of the OAAA and the College Strategic Plan.
- Draft, develop and review the tools identified in point No. (1) above.
- Perform a validity test for the developed tools and submit successful ones to the QAI'C for review and approval by the College Council.
- Supervise the process of distribution & collection of the right sample and questionnaires to different stakeholders, taking into consideration security measures and prevention of bias.
- Submit the collected feedback to the data analysis group and get it back after analysis to send a copy of the results to the concerned self- assessment group or the concerned dept/center. The original copy of the gathered data and its analysis has to be documented in the QAI-'C office.
- Copy the highly confidential feedback data and give it to the data analysis group for processing while keeping the original in a secured place in the QAI'C office.
- Complete the process of data entry of the collected questionnaires using licensed applications like Microsoft Excel and SPSS.
- Represent the entered data in charts/graphs, etc as per the specifications decided by the self-assessment groups and the QAI-'C, and provide all necessary statistical information with the results.
- Archive and document all analyzed data (using electronic soft copy) and keep a backup with clear indexing for easy access in case of any need
Health and Safety Committee
- The Health and Safety Committee will have the following responsibilities and authority:
- Set up a master health & safety plan for the whole college based on H&S needs analysis for all staff and premises.
- Ensure that facilities, equipment, and systems are maintained, in working condition, and are safe and without risk to the health and safety of students, staff, visitors, and the community at large.
- Ensure that fire alarms and safety and fire-fighting equipment in the College are maintained regularly.
- Arrange to carry out drills twice annually.
- Ensure that the College complies with national and international health and safety standards.
- Provide and publish guidelines for students and staff responsible for the labs, workshops and stores.
- Monitor the implementation of the health and safety system in the labs, workshops, and stores.
- Put a mechanism in place for the safe transport, handling, storage, and disposal of articles and substances (e. g chemicals and debris) that may be hazardous to health.
- Arrange for training of staff responsible for the labs, workshops, and stores so as to be qualified in maintaining them, training students, and in providing first aid in case of an accident.
- Provide necessary information and appropriate instructions and arrange for appropriate training to all staff/students on matters related to health and safety. Perform audits, at least twice a year, to evaluate the health and safety measures at all premises of the college.
- Staff and students are able to raise health and safety issues at the appropriate level and have these issues addressed effectively.
- Ensure that the health and safety procedures in the Quality Sub-Manual (laboratories and workshops) are understood and followed by all.
- Advise the Dean on possible improvements to the health and safety procedures and policies.
- Reviewing the implementation of the College's safety policy, especially in workshops and laboratories.
- Inform college management promptly about any events/risks/threats related to H&S.
- Create awareness, maintain, discuss in meetings all issues related to accident records in the College, and encourage H&S consciousness among staff and students.
- Maintain contact with national organizations concerned with health and safety.
- Organize first aid training sessions in the College.
- Report the Dean/Deputy Dean, when necessary and produce semester and annual report on health and safety in the College including recommendations for improvements and necessary changes.