The Business Society, instituted in the year 2009, the first of its kind in UTAS-Ibri, with an aim to provide an apt arena to orient, develop and empower students beyond mere possessors of academic knowledge but transform them to a change catalyst to contribute towards the nation building. Business Society is a dynamic student centered interactive learning community, created to nurture and unleash the latent talents and potential within every student so that they will positively impact and influence the dignity of societal life based on strong cultural and personal values.
Goals & Objectives
- Ignite imaginative thinking and create passion for developing personal effectiveness beyond class rooms settings by organizing myriad events, exhibitions, conferences/forums, competitions to promote leadership skills, communication skills, inter personal skills to prepare them as responsible business professionals in future.
- Involve and exchange thoughts and ideas within the college and also across peer colleges and institutes in the Sultanate by organizing regional events periodically.
- Arrange various soft skills training sessions to inspire and develop students’ abilities and competences to enhance employability of each student.
- Motivate students to learn about current happenings and application of knowledge in the field of business studies.
- To encourage students into service and community engagement, focusing on regional economic and social impact